Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Genetics and/or Genomics)
Job No.: 601641
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $97,203 – $115,429 pa Level B /$119,072 – $137,298 pa Level C (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Contribute to the vision of the School
- Excellent Salary Package + Generous Superannuation
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
Monash University strongly advocates diversity, equality, fairness and openness. We fully support the gender equity principles of the Athena SWAN Charter and invite you to join us in celebrating women in STEMM.
We are seeking a forward thinking, dynamic, and innovative academic to take on the role of Lecturer (Level B) or Senior Lecturer (Level C) in the area of Genetics and Genomics within the School of Biological Sciences. The fields of Genetics and Genomics represent a key research theme within the School, and there will be excellent scope for collaborations and building a world class research program.
Your new role:
The successful appointee will be expected to make significant contributions to the research and teaching program of the School of Biological Sciences. The School hosts exceptional infrastructure and resourcing to support the highest quality in research innovation. We have a strong industry network, and our teaching laboratories and classrooms are among the best equipped of any tertiary institution globally. Click here to read more about our exciting work and our staff members.
- Make a strong and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives
- Undertake high-quality research and supervise honours, master and PhD students
- Undertake scholarly innovative undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum development and coursework teaching of an exemplary quality
- Increasingly provide academic leadership, particularly in fostering outstanding learning and teaching and/or research, especially at Level C
- Interest and knowledge in the field of genetics and genomics broadly. This could include, but is not limited to, human and/or evolutionary genetics, environmental or conservation genetics, bioinformatics or information technology related to genomics
- A PhD in genetics or genomics or related discipline
- Research that has achieved demonstrated impact in the related field, including success in grant writing for competitive research funding
Enjoy an outstanding supportive environment:
Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a range of attractive employee benefits. These include salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; staff development opportunities and an on-campus gym and other fitness facilities.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Please submit your resume with cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria (listed in the position description) to express your interest in the position and apply via the Apply Now button below. For instructions on how to apply, please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”
Professor Moira O’Bryan, Moira.OBryan@monash.edu, +61 3 9905 5650
Sunday 1 March 2020, 11:55 pm AEDT