This post sits in the Advanced Propulsion Lab (APL) in the Marshgate Building of the UCL East campus which has world-class collaborative research laboratories. The APL is a cross-faculty hub, bringing together researchers from the UCL departments of Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, with this post based in the Department of Chemical Engineering. The post will initially be based at UCL’s Bloomsbury campus in Central London and will move to UCL East in late 2022.
Main duties include:
- Lead on the development of research promoting the future of electrochemical propulsion in areas including, but not exclusive to (not in order of priority):
- Battery pack and/or fuel cell stack engineering
- Advanced materials (discovery, scale-up, application)
- Diagnostics and imaging
- Materials modelling
- Systems modelling/integration
- Electrofuels and the generation of next-generation fuels
- Carry out and publish high-quality world-class research which complements the existing departmental and Faculty activities, secure research grant funding to support your research programme.
- Support postdoctoral research staff and PhD students.
- Contribute to teaching existing or new taught modules in the areas relevant to the post.
- Participate in departmental administrative, outreach, and enterprise activities.
- Develop national and international partnerships with industry, academic institutions and other relevant organisations to maximise research impact.