This is an opportunity for a skilled Lead Researcher in the Cancer Biomarkers Laboratory, in the Department of Pathology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The laboratory is an Institutional Shared Resource Laboratory where we design and perform correlative molecular studies for investigator-led clinical trials. We also have a role in evaluating and developing novel technologies for the discovery and measurement of biomarkers relevant to pediatric catastrophic diseases. Our goal is to transition novel methods and technologies into the clinical diagnostic service in the Department of Pathology.
The successful applicant should have experience in genomic research, particularly the wet lab aspects of standard DNA and RNA-based genomic studies including library preparations, quality assessments, capture hybridization and enrichment. Applicants should also have a diverse skill set in laboratory research, including experience in nucleic acid extraction, molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture and immunoassays.
Expectations for this position include rigorously designing, testing, evaluating, troubleshooting and implementing novel assays and experimental techniques, as needed for evolving lab priorities. The selected candidate should be able to work effectively to deadlines with minimal specific supervision and manage multiple projects. Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment are essential.
- Develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols as needed for evolving lab priorities.
- Work efficiently and independently to manage projects
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation, and collect, analyze, and interpret experimental data.
- Provide technical training for other lab members.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant literature.
- Communicate effectively with other team members and collaborators.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific area is required.
- Five (5) years of relevant, post-degree work experience is required with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master’s degree.
- No experience is required with a PhD degree.
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.