The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB):
Laboratory Technician for the Sequencing Platform (m/f)
Area: Next generation sequencing, molecular biology, biotechnology, sequencing
The Sequencing Platform at the LCSB has an immediate opening for a motivated and talented laboratory technician (entry level position) to assist with sequencing related and peripheral functions of the platform.
You will be responsible for the daily lab operations in the platform, including customer interactions, samples collection, quality control of the sequencing samples, construction of sequencing libraries, operating sequencing instruments and ordering lab supplies.
Important technical competencies and tasks includes, but not limited to:
- Library preparation for next generation sequencing (NGS), both manually and with a robotic system
- Performing sequencing runs on Illumina and Oxford Nanopore instruments
- Optimization and testing new protocols
- Troubleshooting of technical problems in the sample preparation and sequencing workflows
- Customer support would include communication (telephone and e-mail) and interaction with researchers
- Keeping record of projects in a well-organized lab notebook
For further information please contact:
Dr. Paul WILMES (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A Bachelor or Master degree (or equivalent) with wet lab experience, preferably in NGS
- High reliability and precision in work is very important as samples are usually low volume and non-replaceable
- Ability to multi-task as several different sequencing projects run in parallel at any given time
- Good organizational skills and willingness to work independently with little guidance from supervisor
- Basic computer skills are necessary to complete the NGS data storage and delivery
- Attention to details is important, like accurate data entry and sample handling
- Communication in English is essential, both written and spoken
- Highly competitive salary; contract subject to public national security system benefits
- Participation in collaborative and interdisciplinary projects.
- A dynamic and equal opportunity international research environment
Applications (in English) should quote Ref RCREQ0003839 and include:
- Cover letter indicating your motivation for this position, relevant past experience and future interests Curriculum vitae
- Copy of relevant diplomas
- Contact details of at least two referees
Please apply ONLINE until April 15th, 2020 (or until filled).