Dr. Joshua Riback of Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is seeking a laboratory manager to assist him in setting up and managing his new laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology. Dr. Riback’s research focuses on the cell biology and physics of biological condensates during differentiation and oncogenesis.
- Consults with faculty to determine and purchase equipment and reagents.
- Demonstrates use and care of equipment and protocols involving cloning (e.g. PCR, gibson assembly, etc) and tissue culture to research personnel in the laboratory.
- Maintains documentation of reagents, such as chemicals, enzymes, and plasmids, and research protocols for the lab on the cloud.
- Arranges service calls for equipment and orders laboratory supplies.
- Supervises laboratory personnel and assists in research projects in regent generation and data collection including with cloning, tissue culture, and microscopy acquisition.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience, with prior supervisory experience.
- Experience with cloning and tissue culture
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.