The Small Animal MRI Core (https://www.bcm.edu/research/advanced-technology-core-labs/lab-listing/small-animal-mri) at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is hiring a Laboratory Director to serve as the Technical Director of the Core. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in small animal MRI, especially data analysis. The Lab Director will be responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating and applying MRI image acquisition and analysis techniques. This position will be in the Department of Integrative Physiology and will report to Robia Pautler, Ph.D., the Academic Director of the Small Animal MRI Core.
- Train and assign core staff in daily maintenance of the instruments
- Maintain equipment service contracts and communicate repair requests
- Participate in protocol development projects
- Assist in the collection and transfer or imaging data
- Report on chargeback trends and plan yearly budgets with the Academic Director
- Assist the Academic Director in preparing annual institutional and grant reports on core activities
- Assist the Academic Director in preparing core facility grant applications
- Lead project consultations and participate in data review meetings with the customers
- Assist core personnel in resolving billing issues
- Coordinate weekly core meetings that review operations and project progress
- Bachelor’s degree in a Basic Science or a related field
- Five years of relevant experience
- PhD or equivalent in a relative discipline (MR Physics, neuroscience, mathematics, engineering, computer science, biophysics or other physical sciences)
- Experience with small animal MRI or spectroscopy
- Strong collaborative abilities
- Experience with Bruker small animal MRI scanners
- Experience with independent writing of grant proposals, scientific conference abstracts and journal papers
- Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience in the field of MRI
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.