VIB is a Life Sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. VIB performs basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. The VIB Core Facilities constitute the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allow scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies.
The VIB Screening Core is a VIB Core Facility that provides support in the development of miniaturized test systems/assays. In interaction with the scientists, the VIB Screening Core enhances the technical reproducibility and robustness of an assay and makes it compatible with liquid handling, automation and high-throughput/high-content screening. The aim is to accelerate the discovery of biologically active compounds that can be developed into chemical tools for fundamental research and/or into novel products for medical or agricultural applications.
We are looking for a motivated lab technician to strengthen the team of the VIB Screening Core.
- Assay development: plan, perform, document and evaluate biochemical and cellular experiments with minimal supervision
- Screening: prepare screening experiments and execute automated screening protocols using robotic platforms
- Support data analysis and data visualization
- Discuss results within the team and elaborate next steps together
- Set-up and maintain cell cultures
- Support in general lab organization (product ordering, managing screening collections, managing screening data…)
- Professional bachelor in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent
- Affinity with tissue culture work (culturing, transfections…) and microscopy-based techniques is essential
- Experience in one or several of the following items is a plus: homogenous plate reader-based detection (absorbance, fluorescence, luminescence, alphascreen…), microscopy-based detection, tissue culture work, automation and liquid handling
- Well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- Able to accurately compile and document the work (proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to learn new techniques, expand your knowledge and take responsibility
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Stimulating working environment
- Open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Starting date: as soon as possible