The Switch Laboratory is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research at the University of Leuven (Belgium), which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities.
The research of the Switch Laboratory investigates protein aggregation in disease in an endeavor to advance biological science via a combined approach of computational modeling and biophysical and cell biological experimentation.
We are looking for a lab technician to join a team of post docs and PhD students to provide hands-on support in our established protein purification pipeline. The successful candidate will be responsible for the full workflow in generating high purity protein samples and performing basic biophysical analysis as part of our quality control process.
- You possess at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional
- Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- Experience with purification of recombinant proteins from e.coli is essential.
- You should have experience with general molecular biology techniques including preparation of buffers, SDS PAGE, Western blotting.
- Experience with protein chromatography and biophysical analysis are advantageous
You must be able to accurately compile and document your work, and help in the interpretation of results.
- You must be meticulous, self-motivated and independent, whilst being able to interact effectively with other members of the research team.
You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position is initially for 12-18 months with the possibility of extension
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please use the VIB HR Application tool
Additional required information:
- detailed CV
- names and contact information of minimum 2 referees
- motivation letter describing your experience
For more information: please contact Hannah Wilkinson