Lab manager at Mount Sinai
Employer: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Research lab: Nanomedicine Lab
PI: Dr. Zahi A. Fayad, Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Institute
Location: New York City, NY, USA
We seek a highly motivated, creative, and innovative lab manager to join our Nanomedicine lab at the Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Institute of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City.
Our multidisciplinary team develops nanoimmunotherapeutics for engaging the innate immune system as well as technologies to monitor their in vivo behavior. These nanomaterials are used to treat a variety of disorders, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and organ transplant rejection. This work includes extensive in vivo studies in animals ranging from small rodents to non-human primates and close collaboration with medical imaging scientists. The Nanomedicine lab is part of Mount Sinais Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Institute and we formally collaborate with investigators at New York University, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Animal colony management
- Purchasing and inventory of lab supplies
- Management of IACUC protocols
- General lab maintenance and safety compliance
- Boarding of new lab members
- Hazardous and non-hazardous international shipment
- Contributing to the ongoing experiments
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedicine, material science, or a
- Excellent communication and writing skills in the English language.
- You are a team player and excited to collaborate with others.
- Experience in molecular biology, histology, chemistry, nanomedicine, or immunology is highly desirable.
Interested candidates can apply by email to email@example.com.
The following documents are required:
- A cover letter and curriculum vitae.
- At least two letters of support stating the suitability of the applicant for this position.
A health plan and 401k are included.