The Type 2 Inflammation & Fibrosis Cluster within the Immunology & Inflammation Therapeutic Area is focused on discovering new mechanisms of immune-mediated diseases and developing these findings into novel drugs that improve the lives of patients. In addition to internal programs, we are a center for Sanofi activities in a number of public–private partnerships, including the BIOMAP consortium for multi-omic research into inflammatory skin diseases (http://biomap-imi.eu/network/industry-partners/sanofi)
Our Cluster is currently focusing on new biology and mechanisms relevant to Dupixent, our approved biologic targeting the IL-4/IL-13 pathway. We are therefore in search of a creative, innovation-driven scientist who will bring new perspectives to the Type 2 Inflammation and Fibrosis field, leading a team of 2-4 lab members focused on new biology, indication expansion and competition is this area. Bringing academic inquiry to the pharma environment, you will work closely and collaboratively with the Cluster Head, Dr Paul Bryce, to turn our ideas into impact research. Your team will be an important interface between us and other partners across the company, including Clinical Development and Medical Affairs.
Your position will involve working alongside our experienced cluster team members and technology-driven internal partners here at Sanofi, as well as several external academic and industry partners we collaborate with. We work in a very active, collaborative environment and you should have the people skills necessary to inspire colleagues, mentor team members and represent our ideas and opportunities to our senior leadership.
We are searching for someone with a strong knowledge of immunology and a focus on allergic disease and the associated biology, and an ability to lead discoveries through cutting-edge technologies and innovation. Experience in research related to human immune profiling and/or relevant animal models of disease are important.
- Lead the scientific strategy for programs related to Type 2 immunity and oversee the execution of experiments needed to identify and develop targets for disease.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships and working across a matrix environment that includes partners at the forefronts of science and medicine, including Digital Strategy, Translational Medicine, Clinical Development, Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics, and Medical Affairs.
- Oral and written communication of projects and data packages to varied audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to overcome hurdles and challenges by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Communicate research through peer-reviewed publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of scientific developments in our field and utilize this in our activities.
- Ensure productive and efficient utilization of department resources to meet project timelines.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials such as controlled drug and radioactive compounds.
- May mentor/supervise a team several Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists, guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals, and be accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- PhD with minimum 8 years of relevant industrial/pharma experience or Bachelor or Master degree with significant relevant experience (minimum of 15 years) and accomplishments.
- Proven ability of innovation and project inception, such as successful grant writing.
- Ability to Interact well with a diverse group and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Effective writer and communicator of research or other regulatory materials.