The “Erfurt Research Centre for Horticultural Crops (FGK)” applies modern bioscience approaches and methods to answer scientific questions that arise from current challenges of horticultural plant production. After being established in 2019 at the Erfurt University of Applied Sciences, the FGK acts in close cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University Jena. Within the research group “Control of development and growth in horticultural crops”, we are offering the position as
Junior Scientist (Prae-doc) − Molecular Plant Physiology
Reference number: FGK 25
The work topic is the functional analysis of candidate genes which are hypothesized to control adventitious root formation in cuttings of Petunia.
- analysis of the plant transcriptome
- establishment of mutants by using Agrobacterium-mediated transformation and CRISPR/Cas-based targeted mutagenesis
- phenotyping of mutants including analysis of plant hormone homeostasis, primary metabolism and adventitious root development
- publication of research findings in international journals and presentation on international meetings
- master or diploma (university) degree in biology, horticultural or agricultural sciences or related fields with a strong background in plant molecular biology and plant physiology
- practical experience with methods of molecular biology (e.g. cloning, PCR-technologies)
- interest in establishing experimental systems and learning methods of microscopy, analytical biochemistry and biostatistics
- experience in transcriptome analysis and transformation of plants is advantageous
- very good team work ability and communication skills in (English, German desired)
- part-time employment with 26 hours per week up to pay category 13 TV-L, starting on January 1th, 2020, and terminated on December 31th, 2023, flexible work time
- working in an engaged, cosmopolitan and friendly team with excellent technical facilities
- participation at international conferences and advanced training
- if interested, a cooperative PhD graduation is possible
For further details please contact PD Dr Uwe Druege (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking for having more women at our university and are therefore particularly grateful for applications from women. Persons with severe disabilities will be preferred for employment in the event of other qualifications being equal.
Send your application (in English or German language) with letter of motivation, CV, certifications and references until October 31th, 2019 under reference number FGK 25 to
Dezernat Personal und Recht
Postfach 45 01 55
We process the personal data you provide in accordance with Section 27 ThürDSAnpUG-EU (Thuringian Data Protection Adaptation and Implementation Act EU).
For cost reasons you are requested to send application documents in copy form. After the selection process has been concluded, the documents of applicants not considered will be destroyed. If you wish them to be returned, we ask you to enclose a return envelope with sufficient postage. Costs arising through the application will not be refunded.