Darwin Life INC is seeking an ambitious Junior Research Associate to join our research group overseen by Dr. John Zhang. Based in New York City, NY, our research team conducts cutting-edge research on nuclear transfer between human oocytes under an IRB license to explore new fertility technologies and more. Job responsibilities will primarily take place in a laboratory setting but will also include some administrative tasks. Ideal candidates will train on proprietary techniques with our research team, and assist in the lab with ongoing, real-time experiments. Prior lab experience with animal oocytes and/or cell manipulation is required. The hired research associate will undergo supervised training with the project manager to obtain competency in human oocyte/embryo handling, human egg in vitro maturation, embryo culture, embryo imaging, embryo vitrification and oocyte manipulation. Frequent work trips abroad may be required for our international collaborations, therefore passport status is crucial.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with researchers to develop objectives for research projects, including the design, methods and measures for quality control. – Plan research experiments and conduct results analysis. – Implement modifications and refinement of the process to better meet the research objectives. – Replicate experiments and review statistical results for accuracy, validity and reliability. – Assist and manage cryopreservation records of experimental samples
- Assist in the collection of human oocytes donated to research.
- Participate in the testing process of other research through review.
- Monitor development and updates of the project on an ongoing basis. – Assist in the creation of written reports and presentations of the results to internal customers.
- Report data when needed to corresponding laboratories / academic conferences for research and pregnancy updates. – Double checking, scanning and filing incoming records.
- Cell manipulation.
- Problem Solving/Analysis. – Technical Capacity. – Thoroughness. – Communication Proficiency. – Collaboration Skills.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities and requires a team player in a research team.
Most work is performed in a laboratory or office environment, but will also include academic conferences and business meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must wear appropriate personal safety protection equipment. This equipment will vary based upon the work location and type of work being performed but will always will include protective clothing.
Required Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Animal Sciences is required
• Exceptional candidates with Bachelor’s degree and research experience will be considered.
• Prior experience with cell manipulation is required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Previous embryology experience in an IVF setting is preferred.