Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas at major facilities in Albuquerque, New Mexico and Livermore, California. We enjoy challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide, while working alongside extraordinary co-workers and with access to some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov.
Jill Hruby Fellows have the opportunity to pursue independent research that supports Sandia’s mission. In addition to receiving technical mentorship, Jill Hruby Fellows participate in a unique leadership development program. To be considered for this Fellowship, applicants must display excellent abilities in scientific and/or engineering research and show clear promise of becoming extraordinary leaders. The Fellowship’s purpose is to attract and recruit women in engineering and science fields who are passionate about technical leadership careers in national security. All qualified applicants will be considered for the Fellowship. Fellows may work at either of Sandia’s principal locations in Albuquerque, New Mexico and Livermore, California.
To be considered, applicants must submit a CV and, in the same document as the CV, up to 10 pages including: a research proposal* (~5 pages), and a statement (~5 pages) describing leadership experience and interest, interest in the position from a national security point of view, and long-term career plans. Applications must be received by midnight November 1, 2019.
Qualifications We Require
· Ph.D. conferred within the past three years or completion of Ph.D. requirements by commencement of appointment
· Evidence of strong academic achievement, excellent technical accomplishment, leadership and ability to team effectively
· No previous postdoctoral appointments at a national laboratory (internships excluded)
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance, which requires US citizenship
· Research in areas meaningful to national security
Qualifications We Desire
· Creativity and self-motivation
· Good communication skills
· Interest in management/leadership
· Ability to work in a team-oriented, dynamic environment
· Demonstrated interest and/or experience in service to the nation
· Broad-based background and deep understanding in one or more of the following areas: bioscience, computing and information science, engineering sciences, geoscience, materials science, nanotechnology and microsystems, and radiation effects and high energy density sciences
The Hruby Fellowship is a three-year appointment and normally commences on October 1, although exceptions may be made to accommodate special circumstances. The salary is $111,200 per year plus benefits.
For complete Fellowship application information, please visit https://www.sandia.gov/careers/ reference job #667333.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.