Server Systems and Basic Services
Area of research:
IT – EDV
Reference No. IT 2022/29
The Department Server Systems and Basic Services is looking for
IT System Administrator Linux Operating Systems (f/m/d)
- You ensure the operation and the very high and permanent availability of different central operating systems and applications. In particular, advanced knowledge of the following services is necessary: Check_MK and/or Icinga Distributed Monitoring, Ansible system support as well as the technical and organisational provision of operating systems and components based on Unix and Linux.
- You support and advise our employees in the use, troubleshooting and monitoring of the operating system, take over the 2nd level support of the enrolment procedures and, if necessary, other services and applications.
- You analyse the server deployments ahead of time and determine their resource requirements, as well as communicate requirements to the responsible departments.
- You locate, analyse, and eliminate errors.
- You prepare professional documentation, specifications, and needs-based instructions for the period after the handover of server systems.
- Completed university education, preferably in computer science, or corresponding activities based on equivalent skills and experience.
- Very good knowledge and practical experience in the field of system administration of services and their operation ? especially linux-based
- Practical experience in dealing with clients
- Experience in the implementation of and collaboration in projects
+49 30 80 62 43831
Closing Date: 05.02.2023
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.