IoT / Big Data Specialist, Dubai
Position Code: 51105
Area: Computer Science
Field: IoT / Big Data
The DEWA R&D Center is looking to fill the vacancy of an IoT/ Big Data Specialist to contribute in Data Lake Project. Specifically, the Specialist will:
- Day to day single point of contact for the performance of the project.
- Contributes to QA and testing efforts.
- Ensure that the solution delivered meets stringent quality criteria – create and review test strategy, test plans, test cases and their successful execution.
- Responsible for meeting project timelines and communicating progress, risks, status and working with senior leadership to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for leading multiple parallel initiatives with the Data Lake platform focusing on data ingestion or migration into the Data Lake.
- Collaborate closely with R&D IoT team to build the overall strategy and vision for the Data Lake to ensure wide usage and applicability.
- Monitor & report out project plans, resource utilization and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a periodic basis.
- Lead the initial scoping, requirements analysis and planning for new initiatives by engaging with stakeholders and driving them to completion leveraging standard Data Lake practices.
- Leverage Agile and Fast Works methodologies to drive initiatives through stringent and aggressive timelines.
- Facilitate, communicate, collaborate, and negotiate between customer and technical teams to bring features to closure.
- Manage/own project scope, schedule, resourcing and delivery of projects and ensure complete closure and documentation.
- Project and process management.
- Negotiation skills.
- Budget development and tracking.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Critical thinking.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong knowledge in the IT solution design, Telecom network design or IoT innovation challenge.
- Strong communication skills in English, both functional and technical.
- Very good interpersonal skills and ability to present in front of a large audience.
- A strong interest in leading edge technology, and in user experience/usability.
- Ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines & documenting progress towards those deadlines.
Contract Duration: 1 year with potential for extension
Work experience / knowledge
- Worked with Data Lake / Big Data.
- Strong knowledge of python, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, XML, JSON, KSQL, Java, C# .
- Worked with Time Series databases.
- Strong Knowledge in Mobile Apps developments iOS, Android Studio.
- Worked with IoT architectures.
- Data Engineering and Software Expertise.
- Exposure and knowledge in Big Data technologies.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in Agile project management and successful implementation of multiple agile projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science or Engineering.
- Master’s Degree is plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- 5 years or more of experience in managing the delivery of Big Data and other Data lake Projects.
- 5 years or more experience in project management.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
Please send the following: i) cover letter (PDF), ii) CV including full list of publications/patents (PDF), iii) at least three names of references with contact information, and other supporting documents (optional) to DEWA R&D Centre recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae. Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email. If you need additional information/clarifications about the position, please contact Dr. Sgouridis at +971 043 222 122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the employer
The package offered is competitive and in line with regional and global standards. The Dubai Water and Electricity Authority (DEWA) is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offers a dynamic work environment, internationally highly competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Center is housed in state-of-the-art lab facilities located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.