The single cell genomics scientist will work in a scientific team that performs a wide range of NGS-based genomics and epigenomics experiments as part of the Omics department.
They will develop, optimize and implement cutting-edge single cell genomics, epigenomics and transcriptomics methods to identify and validate novel targets and characterize the mode of action of novel drugs in various disease models. They will collaborate closely with scientists from different disciplines in functional genomics and research units as well as lead matrix teams.
We are looking for a talented, motivated and collaborative scientist, who combines exceptional scientific and wet lab/data analysis skills with team spirit. We require a PhD in life sciences with a strong background in single cell genomics/transcriptomics and NGS workflows. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment, to clearly communicate research findings in cross-functional project team meetings.
- Plan, design, and execute single cell genomics, epigenomics and transcriptomics experiments
- Strongly contribute to data analysis and biological interpretation of the single cell data alongside with scientist from the computational biology group
- Develop and implement novel capabilities in NGS-based single cell technologies,
- Ensure high NGS-data quality generation
- Work closely with other FxG groups to characterize disease-relevant cellular assays and run functional screens with single cell genomics readouts
- Work closely with Research Unit Teams to conceive, design and execute high quality single cell genomics experiments
- Identify and participate in the establishment as well as in the scientific management of academic collaborations with the goal of leveraging and internalizing external innovation
- Ensure quality and transparency in all work.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in molecular/cellular biology, immunology, cancer biology, or a related discipline
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in setting up and executing single cell genomics and transcriptomics assays
- Familiarity with cell culture methods
- Data analysis skills
- Scientific track record of credibility in the development and application of genomics technologies to target and biomarker discovery, or systems biology
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in bulk cell genomics/transcriptomics experiments from cell-isolation to library-preparation
- Familiarity with primary cell isolation and cultivation
- Experience in immunology and/or oncology research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.