About the team/job
The Office of Resource Development raises philanthropic support for EMBL. It seeks to engage people with an interest in the life sciences and who wish to support EMBL in various ways. The Office of Resource Development oversees the activities of the Friends of EMBL and the Corporate Partnership Programme. In addition, it raises support for a variety of EMBL projects and programmes.
The purpose of the Resource Development Internship is to assist the team with data handling, fundraising and outreach activities.
- Assist in planning and execution of fundraising projects and events, including drafting documents and communications and coordination with other EMBL departments
- Assist in entering donor data in software programs
- Assist with mailings, filing and execute other administrative tasks
- Research prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors
- Liaise with internal communications department to keep fundraising webpages up-to-date
- Attend department and team meetings
- Interest in the nonprofit sector
- Fluency in English
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs is essential
You might also have
- Previous nonprofit experience and/or coursework in fundraising, nonprofit management, or marketing and communications a plus
- German would be an asset
Why join us
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering a very collegial and family friendly working environment.
What else you need to know
We are innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with more than 1600 employees from many nations, operating across six sites: in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome. As part of EMBL’s mission, Administration provides services to all personnel members across six sites in order to promote molecular biology across Europe, and to create a centre of excellence for leading young molecular biologists.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.