IBG-1 – Biotechnologie
Area of research:
Diploma & Master Thesis,Work placement
Contract time limit:
Project description:Characterization of potential producer strains for different aromatic acids and implementation of various cultivation strategies.
Development and optimization of lab-scale production processes to ensure market competitiveness and facilitate downstream processing.
Specific project aims:
- Property profiling of different aromatic acids.
- Extracellular and intracellular phenotyping of potential producer strains.
- Semi-automated workflows for lab-scale process characterization.
- Automated sample processing and script-based process analytics.
- Basic downstream processing for selected target products.
Specific project methods:
- Mini Pilot Plant technology for strain phenotyping.
- Parallelized lab-scale bioreactor cultivations.
- Basic python data handling for process evaluation and sample handling.
- Metabolic mapping and debottlenecking strategies.
Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the project, the actual content of the work will be determined according to the qualifications and interests of the successful candidate. Necessary knowledge is taught and deepened in the course of the work.
- You study biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, bioinformatics or a related discipline.
- You are interested in laboratory automation, data analysis and analytics.
- You are enthusiastic about scientific issues and drive your project independently after proper training.
Please submit your detailed application documents only electronically via email. If you are interested you are welcome to contact us beforehand.