International Engineering College, Fuzhou
Professor and Executive Vice-Dean
Maynooth University and Fuzhou University in Fujian Province, China have set up a joint college, which offers four Maynooth University undergraduate programmes in computer science and electronic engineering (BSc in Computer Science and Software Engineering, BSc in Robotics and Intelligent Devices, BSc in Multimedia, Mobile and Web Development, BE in Electronic Engineering). The expectation is to grow the College to 1200 students, with a first intake of 300 students accepted in September 2019. The College is managed jointly with an executive Vice Dean from Fuzhou University and from Maynooth University.
Maynooth University seeks an outstanding academic to join our staff as Executive Vice-Dean for the Maynooth International Engineering College (MIEC), based in Fuzhou, China. The person appointed will be expected to provide leadership in continuing the success of this initiative – in ensuring the quality of the academic programmes being offered, in managing and strengthening the administrative relationship with Fuzhou university, and in developing research links with Fuzhou University and more broadly in the region. The successful applicant may come from either the discipline of Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, and ideally will have experience in the management of international programmes.
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary university goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued. Professors will be expected to provide significant intellectual leadership, through a demonstrated commitment to both education and research, and also to contribute to the effective leadership and management of the MIEC.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in the management and development of international programmes, ideally in China.
• An outstanding record of research and scholarship, reflected in an excellent publication profile;
• An outstanding academic record as a university teacher and an educational innovator; ideally in the context of the Irish or European academic systems.
• The capacity to offer strong academic leadership within their discipline and across the University;
• Demonstrated management and administrative skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• The ability to build effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external colleagues.
For further details including full comprehensive job description please see the Maynooth University vacancies page at: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies