Data Science in Hamburg – Helmholtz Graduate School for the Structure of Matter (DASHH) is a recently established, interdisciplinary graduate school that offers challenging Ph.D. topics at the interface of the natural sciences, applied mathematics and data and computer science. DASHH involves several research institutions and universities in the multifaceted city of Hamburg, Germany.
DASHH is looking for excellent and highly qualified Ph.D. candidates, interested to work on data-driven research in physics, chemistry, applied mathematics, computer science or structural biology.
• Interdisciplinary research in the natural sciences and computer/data science or applied mathematics
• Research at world leading large-scale research facilities (PETRA III, FLASH, European XFEL, LHC)
• Attractive, interdisciplinary thesis topics
• Excellent working conditions at an international, vibrant and inspiring research campus
• Close supervision and support by a panel of established professors and scientists
• Training in transferable skills and career development
• Work contract at the level of the German TV-L13 (100%) salary scheme for 3 year
Apply until December 1, 2019
Requirements: We are looking for highly motivated students with an excellent academic background in the natural sciences, engineering sciences, informatics or applied mathematics. The candidates should bring a strong interest to work on highly interdisciplinary topics, should be team oriented and have a strong background in programming. For more information see: https://www.dashh.org