We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven track record and interest in data and image analysis, specifically focusing on the development and application of machine and deep learning algorithms. This will involve working with large-scale electronic healthcare records (EHR) as well as medical images, with a focus on cardiac CT. You will be working on large-scale single center and multi-center databases with clinicians, computer scientists and statisticians. This is an instructor-level faculty position, with a potential for pioneering research resulting in successful NIH-funded grant applications, manuscript publications and conference papers.
The Dalio Institute of Cardiovascular Imaging is affiliated with the Department of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City. We are a highly productive, collaborative, multidisciplinary team of physicians, research scientists, statisticians and computer scientists, with over 50 manuscripts published per year.
You will be part of a team of machine learning experts and physicians who will use datasets from large registries (both image- and non-image based) to develop algorithms for diagnosis and prognosis of disease. Responsibilities will include formalization and development of novel computational and mathematical models, formalizing questions and written proofs, conducting simulations, and summarizing and communicating results in papers and presentations. You will be expected to work with state-of-the-art machine learning/deep learning methods for medical image segmentation algorithms and systems. Collaboration with clinicians, software engineers and other machine learners is essential. You will also be expected to submit and receive extramural research funding, preferably from the National Institutes of Health.
• Development of state-of-the art deep learning algorithms
• Coordinate and oversee projects
• Clinical data analysis (structured and unstructured)
• Collaborate with clinicians to deeply understand application needs and algorithm selection
• Work in an agile environment
• Communicate with local and global teams to deliver shared projects
• Ph.D. or equivalent in Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or equivalent.
• Strong background in Mathematics (Applied Math, Statistics), Medical Imaging or related field.
• Experience in signal/image processing and image analysis is highly desirable.
• Machine/Deep Learning expertise.
• Experience with TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe frameworks preferred
• Prior experience with medical image-based machine learning/deep learning solutions preferred
• Prior industry experience is a plus
• Experience working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting (including computer software engineers, statisticians and machine learners) in a dynamic environment to achieve goals.
• Good written English skills.
• Knowledge of and prior experience in writing high-quality, peer-reviewed scientific or engineering papers and extramural grants.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (with list of publications and abstracts) to the Institute Director, Dr. Leslee J. Shaw, at email@example.com.
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that’s committed to excellence in
patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization are engaged in world class clinical care and cutting edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side’s scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine’s powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.