Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
As an Infant Nutrition & Physiology Specialist, you will develop and execute research in infant and toddler nutrition and lactation especially in relationship with growth and development. You will also provide scientific support to projects, business and markets.
- Conduct research to develop nutritional and/or non-nutritional (e.g. digital) solutions targeting optimal infant and toddler nutrition & metabolic health
- Identify and propose new opportunities in the field of human milk research, infant and complementary feeding considering also behavioral aspects
- Design and perform clinical and preclinical studies to generate data supporting health benefits for infants and toddlers
- Translate and valorize research outcomes in specific business/product applications
- Be recognized as expert internally and externally in infant nutrition and physiology
- Ph.D. in physiology, metabolism or nutrition on topics related to infant metabolic health and growth
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in conducting clinical and preclinical research, including study design, methods, analysis and interpretation
- Strong track record in scientific communication, including presentations at scientific meetings
- Fluent in English
Show us your ability to contribute to a climate of renovation and knowledge sharing. If you have a strong work ethic and you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply in English at https://jobs.nestle.com/en/home
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.