Faculties of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and Medicine
Independent Research Group Leader Position
in the Collaborative Research Center 1218
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Collaborative Research Centre 1218 „Mitochondrial regulation of cellular function“ jointly established by scientists of the Faculties of Mathematics and Natural Science and Medicine at the University of Cologne is searching highly qualified candidates with research interests on topics related to the scientific interests of the CRC1218. It investigates the role of mitochondria in cell signaling, cell and organelle communication, metabolic remodeling,
stress responses and diseases (for further information see: http://sfb1218.uni-koeln.de/)
The Independent Junior Research Group will be associated with the CRC1218 and is expected to integrate and strengthen the collaborative environment of the Cologne
Life Science community, and the Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-associated Diseases (CECAD). The position will be financed for five years and includes a start-up package.
- Candidates should have an excellent track record with first and/or last author publications on mitochondrial biology, ideally within 4-6 years of postdoctoral research experience.
- In addition, candidates should have the capacity to develop independent research programs and be competitive to attract extramural funding.
- Applicants must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae including a full publication list, a statement of research plan, and contact information for at least three references in one Pdf document.
WE OFFER YOU
- We offer in addition a start-up package, core support for scientific personnel and direct costs and access to state-of-the art research facilities
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from in the course of the year 2020 on a full-time basis. It is limited for five years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 14 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are expressly encouraged to apply and given priority in accordance with the Equal Opportunities
Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications. The reference number is Wiss1912-15. The application deadline is 15.02.2020.