Are you passionate about discovering and characterizing lead bispecific antibodies for the treatment of cancer?
The pre-clinical team is responsible for characterizing bispecific antibody lead candidates and uncovering their mechanisms of action. Joining Merus means joining our pursuit to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
• As a scientist immunology, your main tasks and responsibilities are the following:
• Designing and executing of experimental plans to characterize immune-modulating bispecific antibodies, in vitro and in vivo;
• Developing and implementation of immunological cell-based functional assays;
• Delivering results in a timely manner;
• Recording and presenting findings;
• Overseeing and contributing to multiple research projects simultaneously;
• Collaborating closely with other research organizations and institutions.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a brand new state-of-the-art facility. We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days’ annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to develop bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to fight cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, with a US headquarters of its subsidiary Merus US Inc. in Cambridge Massachusetts. We also have many collaborations around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on Nasdaq Global Market and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl.
When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company.
We are looking for a immunology scientist with expertise in T cell immunology, with the following knowledge and competencies:
• You hold a PhD in immunology or a related field;
• You have a minimum of 2 years’ postdoctoral experience;
• You have broad experience with immunological and cell-based assays, especially T cell-based assays;
• You have effective communication skills, both verbal and written;
• You are a highly collaborative scientist who works well in teams;
• You are also capable of working independently, taking your responsibilities;
• You are focused on quality and solution-driven;
• You have experience in coaching and managing junior colleagues (preferred);
• You integrate experimental findings into new experiment proposals.
Apply directly or for more information about the application procedure, please contact Merus Recruitment via telephone number +31 85 016 2500. Please send in your application via the ‘Apply’ button by November 29, 2019 at the latest.