JCNS-4 – Neutronenmethoden
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
The Jülich Centre for Neutron Science (JCNS) operates at the Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Zentrum (MLZ) in Garching near Munich a suite of high performance neutron scattering instruments. It provides access to these instruments for scientists from universities and research institutions in Germany and throughout the world. Within the user program more than 1000 scientists visit the MLZ every year to perform experiments in the physical, chemical, biological and materials sciences. In addition, JCNS is actively pursuing a research program in the field of soft matter science and condensed matter physics. The Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Zentrum (MLZ) is a leading centre for cutting-edge research with neutrons and positrons. Operating as a user facility, this cooperation involving the Technische Universität München, Forschungszentrum Jülich and Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht offers a unique suite of high-performance neutron scattering instruments. The User Office organises the scientific use of the neutron research source Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Centre (MLZ) at Garching and takes care of all needs of the scientists visiting the MLZ in the scope of their scientific work.
- Manage and deliver all aspects of the MLZ and JCNS user proposal process including submission, review, beam time allocation, confirmation, including data management and reporting.
- Manage, extract and evaluate data of the user program and generates reports, charts and presentation material.
- Organisation of Review Panel Meetings, User Meetings and the User Committee.
- Publishing the Newsletter of the MLZ.
- Responsible for the public relations activities in accordance with the user program of the MLZ and JCNS (workshops, marketing, etc.)
- Development and coordination of the User-Office activities at the MLZ with the other neutron centers mainly in Europe and USA.
- Further development, training and promotion for the new digital user online system: GHOST.
- Direct local and remote support for users.
- A PhD degree in Physics or related scientific disciplines or an equivalent qualification
- A recognised international profile in the community of large scale facilities
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Initiative, creative character with good interpersonal communication and presentation skills and result orientated with analytical skills
- Ability work independently with high flexibility and to lead the User-Office team
- Exciting working environment on an attractive research campus, ideally situated close to the city of Munich
- The position represents an excellent opportunity to carry out interesting work with a variation of topics and challenging tasks in a multidisciplinary team at MLZ
- Promoting professional development through participation in national and international conferences and through various training programs
- Limited for 2 years with possible longer-term prospects
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours (or)
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD).
Place of employment: Garching (Munich)Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.