As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
The center is increasing the capacity of its large-scale sequencing platform and looking for an experienced
Head of the High Throughput NGS Genomics Core (f/m/d)
- Leading the Core Facility team
- Managing the sequencing facility daily operations
- Being responsible for financial planning, controlling and personnel
- Establishing and developing workflows and pipelines
- Discussing and advising on NGS projects with users
- Coordinating projects and experimental troubleshooting
- Interacting with other departments on campus, directing the integration of activities with other platforms
- Incorporating bioinformatics and data handling
- Being in charge of the required documentation, data protection, quality control and further development of the LIMS
- PhD degree in molecular biology, life or medical sciences or related areas
- Previous practical experience with Illumina Next Generation Sequencing technology
- Know-how in high throughput sequencing and scalable technologies
- Documented expertise in bioinformatics data analysis
- Fluent English language skills
- Ability to work in an international team, flexibility and good communication skills
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.
Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias H. Tschöp
Helmholtz Zentrum München
German Research Center for Environmental Health (GmbH)
Board of Directors
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
85764 Neuherberg near Munich