Institute of Molecular Genetics is a prominent Czech research institute in the field of molecular biology and genetics (https://www.img.cas.cz/en/). We offer new state-of-art research facilities and collaborative international environment. The goal of this recruitment is to identify an outstanding and ambitious individual with the ability to establish independent and original research within the scope of the Institute (see below the eligible topics). The position is initially opened for five years (starting in 2020) with a possibility of further evaluation-based renewal. The Head of the Research group is expected to recruit laboratory personnel, who will perform research under her/his guidance. External funding is highly desirable. The Institute will provide laboratory space in its new building located in Prague 4-Krc. Additional details (salary, start-up financial support, laboratory equipment) will be negotiated with the selected candidate.
1) At least two years of postdoctoral experience;
2) Excellent publication record;
3) Applicants from any area of molecular biology, cell and developmental biology, cancer biology, genetics, virology, or molecular immunology will be considered.
By July 30, 2019, the applicants should provide the following documents to the Director of the Institute (in electronic form, at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org; the receipt will be confirmed):
1) A short professional CV;
2) A list of publications (including citations);
3) A list of five major achievements of the applicant;
4) A synopsis of previous research (maximum two pages);
5) A short proposal (maximum three pages) of the research program of the group for the first three years; the document should include the financial plan of the group (grant and expected institutional support, laboratory space and equipment requirements, etc.);
6) Names and addresses of at least two referees.
In August – October 2019, the selected applicants will be invited for personal interview (the interview date will be negotiable); as a part of the interview, candidates are expected to give a public lecture presenting their previous work. Final results will be announced no later than November 30, 2019.