We are looking for a Head (f/m/d) of Plant Biotic Stress Biology on a permanent, full time contract at KWS Saat SE & Co. KGaA located in Einbeck, Germany.
You will lead a research team working at the interface of basic research and product development. You will be responsible for the team strategy, the implementation of innovative R&D approaches, and the development of new products.
- Lead a multidisciplinary R&D group of scientists and research associates through two management levels
- Manage resources and budgets
- Foster team-oriented mindset and cross-functional cooperation
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Maintain an open and stimulating working atmosphere, support the professional and personal development of team members
- PhD or other higher qualification in biology or related sciences plus multi years experience in industry and / or academia in the field of plant-pathogen interaction
- Distinct leadership experience of R&D teams with proven orientation on goals and products
- Excellent knowledge in the biology of plant-pathogen-interaction, molecular biology, genetics, and phytopathology
- Personal working experience with a broad spectrum of experimental methods in lab, greenhouse, and field
- Connection to an international network of leading scientists
- Proficient English language skills; basic German is an advantage
- Willingness to travel internationally
Are you already convinced? We are looking for your application online via our job board.
Job posting number: 668
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. With the tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugar beet, cereals, potato, rapeseed and sunflowers. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods. 5.147 employees represent KWS in more than 70 countries. For more information: www.kws.com. Follow us on LinkedIn® at https://linkedin.com/company/kwsgroup/.