You are looking for more responsibility and bring in own ideas as Head of experts in Phytopathology? We are happy if you like to lead our Phytopathology within KWS Saat SE & Co. KGaA in Einbeck as Head (m/f/d) of Phytopathology. We can offer you an unlimited contract with fulltime working hours.
You will take responsibility for:
- Collaboration with senior management to develop KWS phytopathology strategy and joint projects
- Development of plant protection strategies (chemical, biological, physical) under greenhouse and field conditions on a national and worldwide basis (incl. breeding stations; seed production areas)
- Management and further development of the group RD-LS-PP (extern: of the teams within Phytopathology) as a center of excellence for phytopathological questions within KWS
- Sustain and develop appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision-making and communication with key partners in the area of phytopathology inside and outside KWS
- Act as driver to have state of the art technologies, methods, procedures and structures implemented
- Provide information and analyze phytopathological key aspects in order to prepare and enable decision making in the context of product life cycle management as well as in the context of strategic product development, i.e. analyzing plant protection product situation and monitoring of crop diseases relevant for product portfolio
- Prepare and control budget and operations
You could bring in your experiences from:
- PhD or equivalent education in the area of phytopathology with an explicit relation to agriculture
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in one or more phytopathology disciplines, additional knowledge about seed business operations preferably with an agricultural background
- Several years leadership experience to a reasonable extent including experience to work in and with complex organizations (managerial)
- Project Management skills and experience with or knowledge about change processes
- Entrepreneurial attitude and shaping change with an open mind
- Analytical thinking and a problem solving, solution-oriented mindset and ability
- Language skills: English (fluent); German (minimum conversational level (B2))
Are you already convinced? We are looking for your application online via our job board.
Job posting number: 1701
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. With the tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugar beet, cereals, potato, rapeseed and sunflowers. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods. 5.147 employees represent KWS in more than 70 countries. For more information: www.kws.com. Follow us on LinkedIn® at https://linkedin.com/company/kwsgroup/.