Head of Mass Spectrometry Core Facility
We are offering a leading position within the mass spectrometry-based Core Facility at the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne´s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA ICRC). We are seeking an experienced professional in any field of mass spectrometry application in life sciences (proteomics, metabolomics, MS imaging).
About Mass Spectrometry Core Facility (MS CF)
The core started in April 2017 as the youngest research platform with the main objective to create a service based infrastructure supporting ICRC researchers by providing both, an access to high end MS technology and expertise in proteomics. The core is currently fully functional and supports both, internal and external researchers either in a form of proteomics services (https://www.fnusa-icrc.org/cz/vyzkum-icrc/vyzkumne-skupiny/servisni-laboratore/hmotnostni-spektrometrie) or via res. collaborations.
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. We are a top Central European research center with more than 200 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities. For more reference, you can see our website: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/
We are looking for an enthusiastic team leader and a mass spec expert with several years of hands on experience in the field of MS-based proteomics/metabolomics/imaging. According to your vision, you will have the opportunity to transform the core into a well-established service hub with unique expertise.
- Supervising experimental work of the team
- Active participation in both, independent and collaborative research
- Representing MS CF on conferences, meetings, evaluations …
- Budgeting and coordinating operational workflows of the core
- Business and sustainable planning
- Ph.D. in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Protein Chemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent
- Productive publication record
- Practical experience in proteomics, metabolomics or MS imaging with deep understanding of particular field and thorough theoretical overview of the others
- Hands-on experience with (nano)LC-ESI-MS/MS and/or MALDI-TOF/TOF and understanding of produced data structure and processing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent command of English
Nice to have
- Passion for working in a team and making a difference
- Collaborative research attitude
- Multinational environment.
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Full-time assignment.
- 1 year contract with possible extension (will be discussed in due time).
- The successful candidate can start immediately
- Team-oriented environment
How to apply:
The candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae, cover letter describing motivation, previous experience and contact for 2 references to: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!