ICHNOS Sciences is an independent, fully integrated, global clinical stage U.S.-based biotech company focused on innovation. The new company currently employs approximately 350 employees expanding to 400 FTE by mid 2020.
The pipeline includes an immuno-oncology pipeline with three bispecific antibodies developed through Glenmark’s proprietary BEAT® platform. The position is located at Ichnos Sciences in Lausanne, Switzerland. The Biologics Discovery Center currently employs 42 scientists, is set to grow significantly to 80. Website: https://www.ichnossciences.com
The Head of Antibody Display Technologies will not only use different phage-display systems, but also build synthetic and immune libraries.
• Establish a highly functioning antibody discovery core group.
• Lead antibody display technologies to generate antibodies and bi/multispecific antibodies for discovery and support projects.
• Publish research in high-tier journals and present team’s work at international meetings.
• Build a culture that embraces scientific excellence, continuous learning, and increasing team’s ability to deliver novel drug candidates.
• Lead synthetic phage display library generation, develop novel technologies/methodologies for antibody selection and optimization.
• Lead immune phage display library generation and selection based on transgenic animal immunizations.
• Develop NGS analysis for lead isolation from antibody repertoires of immunized animals.
• Guide scientists and team to address complex processes and transition hits into clinical leads.
• Interface with multiple discovery project and matrix teams across the organization.
• Accomplish goals under project team timelines.
• Effectively manage projects and resources to maximize progress
Desired Experience and Traits:
• Ph.D. in Phage Display, Biochemistry, Structural/Molecular Biology, or related field with +10 years of relevant industrial experience in a similar role.
• Extensive experience in leading a core group of scientists to make high quality antibody phage libraries for therapeutic antibody and bispecific antibody discovery is required.
• Strong knowledge and experience in phage library selections and affinity maturation and bispecific technologies is required.
• Excellent knowledge of immune library generation based on isolated B cell from immunized animals.
• Hands-on experience with multiple display systems/formats (mammalian, yeast, and scFv, Fab, and domain antibodies) and automation is required.
• In depth understanding of the Biologics Drug Discovery process from idea to IND and beyond
• Superior Project Management/Project Leadership skills.
Ichnos Sciences will provide the successful candidate with an attractive and competitive salary, bonus, and equity package.