Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
As Group Leader Cellular Metabolism, you will take a leading role in coordinating a team focusing on mitochondrial biology and aging research with the goal to translate emerging insights into product concepts for the prevention of age-related health conditions and to improve outcomes of common age-related diseases. Working hand in hand with preclinical scientists and clinical developers will be key to build an efficient evidence development ladder. You will apply your deep knowledge of molecular determinants of cellular health to communicate these complex insights to internal and external stakeholders. Leveraging the potential of nutrition for improving the quality of life across normal aging and age-related medical conditions is the ambitious goal of your role.
- Manage a team to translate emerging scientific insights into the molecular causes of cellular aging into product concepts for consumers and patients
- Design preclinical and clinical proof-of-concept studies to demonstrate health benefits during aging through nutritional approaches
- Proactively manage collaborations with scientific platforms, research and clinical development teams as well as globally leading experts
- Communicate and promote scientific concepts and ensure alignment with business stakeholders
- Be a key resource for expertise and technical understanding of molecular and biochemical drivers of the aging process
- Apply knowledge and leadership skills to develop people
- PhD or MD/PhD in biochemistry, physiology and/or related fields
- Min. 5 years experience with leading translational aging research with strong publication record
- Experience in clinical trial design is considered a strong plus
- Proven experience in people management
- Fluent in English, any other language would be a plus.
Show us your high sense of organization and leadership to coordinate teams. Your strong oral and written communication skills, is what will set you apart. If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you! Apply in English at https://jobs.nestle.com/en/home
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.