The ReMedy Unit intends to make breakthrough discoveries that will open new lines of research and new strategies to maintain and restore health. The goal of ReMedy is to understand and to harness stress-evoked adaptability of cells at the molecular and biochemical level, in order to combat human diseases and pathologies. ReMedy aims to i) understand molecular mechanisms of stress response, ii) discover short- and long-term consequences of responses and their crosstalk in physiology and iii) apply the gained knowledge about stress responses for the development of new medical treatments. In the end we plan to have five new groups.
For more information refer to: http://www.cent.uw.edu.pl/en/laboratories/#remedy
Scientific discipline: Molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, biomedicine, bioinformatics, biophysics, chemistry or similar
Job type (employment contract/stipend): Full-time position, contract employment
Number of job offers: 3
Remuneration/month: 19 500 PLN gross/month plus “thirteen salary” bonus; depending on experience
Position starts on: March 2020
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: Up to 31 October 2022
Institution: “ReMedy” International Research Agenda Unit, Centre of New Technologies, University of Warsaw
Project leader: Prof. Agnieszka Chaci?ska and Prof. Magda Konarska
Project title: “Regenerative Mechanisms for Health”
ReMedy is looking for a dynamic group leaders to:
- Establish independent research group;
- Develop ambitious and innovative research programme on stress-evoked adaptability of cells at the molecular and biochemical level;
- Ensure scientific excellence, quality and completeness of developed programme,
- Engage in commercialization activities.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- Doctoral degree in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, biomedicine, bioinformatics, biophysics, chemistry or similar and adequate post-doctoral experience;
- Outstanding record of scientific achievements reflected by publication record;
- Original and independent research programme;
- Strong leadership complemented by ability to collaborate;
- Research focus matching ReMedy goals (commercialization potential will be an additional asset).
Required documents (in English, as one pdf file):
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications,
- Description of 1-3 most important scientific achievements (max. 2 pages),
- Summary (max. 2 pages) of the applicant’s future research plans,
- Statement (max. 1 page) how the future research plans relate to ReMedy goals,
- Contact details for 2 professional referees who can be contacted for recommendation letters.
- Possibility to develop an independent research program that complements existing research in the ReMedy
- Access to the state of the art equipment and facilities
- Stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and research opportunities of the large biomedical campus
- Laboratory space and a start-up package (covering competitive salaries, basic equipment and supplies)
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com
Please, use: ”Research Group Leader application” as a title of your message
15th of September 2019
Short-listed candidates will be invited for a symposium-style interview to be held in Warsaw in December/January 2020 during the ReMedy International Scientific Committee meeting.
Project is carried out within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmie?cie 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmie?cie 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
6. The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
7. The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
8. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
9. You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to email@example.com.;
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data
11. Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes;
12. The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the CeNT UW website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.