The KU Leuven Cancer Institute (LKI) is an organizational structure that strategically coordinates all activities related to cancer research, treatment and care at the KU Leuven and its University Hospitals. It unites doctors, caregivers and researchers in their joint fight against cancer. By investing in cutting-edge technologies and interdisciplinary research, the LKI is a dynamic and innovating institute with international visibility and a strong ambition to make a difference in the management of cancer. At the LKI we treat more than 35000 cancer patients per year, contribute to more than 1000 scientific papers, and are involved in many international projects and consortia.
- Identifying funding opportunities by setting up a knowledge base and by extensive networking both internally and (inter)nationally (Horizon Europe, EIT-Health, EUHA, Health Axis Europe, etc)
- Setting up structures for internal communication related to funding opportunities
- Internal coordination of grant proposals (process flow, liaison function with HR/TTO/Legal/Financial offices), internal reviewing
- Supporting grant writing activities (input in non-scientific components and critical reading of scientific parts)
- Establishment of a self-sustaining grant writing unit (training of grant writers, setting up business plan)
- Setting up a fast-response system for imminent funding opportunities
- PhD in biomedical sciences, molecular/cell biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical sciences, bio-engineering or similar
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Undertaking, dynamic and team player
- Proven experience and/or certificate in grant writing
- Full-time position in a vibrant environment of an internationally renowned research institute
- Networking opportunities both internally and internationally
- Significant level of independence and potential to grow in leadership
- Opportunity to help shape the future of cancer research and care
- Competitive salary with extra-legal benefits
Send in a motivation letter, a full CV and at least two references.
For further details please contact Prof. Dr. Johan van Lint, tel.: +32 16 330820, firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof. Dr. Michel Delforge, email@example.com, +32 16 346880
You can apply for this job no later than June 15, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.