To strengthen our team in the Division “Environmental Analysis” in Berlin-Adlershof,
starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Graduate student (f/m/d)
in the field of chemistry, biology, biotechnology or related fields
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
65 % of regular number of working hours
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes.
At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences. We offer an excellent work environment, located in Berlin, with state-of-the-art research infrastructure and special laborato-ries.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Analysing biological samples for synthetic polymers and their transformation products
- Carrying out nontargeted analyses based on high resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS)
- Establishing a cell culture model for metabolic flux analysis/fluxomics
- Applying and advancing bioinformatic workflows for (retrospective) analysis of omics data
- Implementing experiments on „extractables & leachables“
- MSc/diploma in the field of chemistry, biology, biotechnology or related ones with a very good rank
- Very good knowledge in mass spectrometry and/or bioinformatics/statistics
- Expertise in cell culture is preferable
- Ability to present; experience in publishing is desirable
- Very good organizational and communication skills; very good command of English language
- Opportunity to prepare your dissertation
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
We welcome applications per e-mail. Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019, quoting the reference number 151/19-1.8. Please attach detailed application documents to the e-mail as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alter-natively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please note that all application documents will only be stored and processed for the selection pro-cedure. Upon conclusion of the selection procedure, the documents will be deleted in compliance with regulations on data privacy.
Dr. Carsten Jaeger will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via telephone number +49 30 8104-5713 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Rec-ognised disabled applicants with identical suitability will be selected preferentially.