I. About SYSU
Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), founded by Dr. Sun Yat-sen, enjoys an educational tradition spanning over 100 years. Under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, and strongly supported by both the Ministry and Guangdong Province, SYSU has developed into a modern comprehensive university that enjoys a reputation as a top-tier university nationally and a renowned university internationally. The University is composed of five campuses in the three cities of Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen, and ten affiliated hospitals.
SYSU has a wide range of disciplines with the postgraduate education covering all disciplines except for military science, becoming one of the higher education institutions affiliated to the Ministry of Education with the most comprehensive disciplines. Currently SYSU has 49 Doctoral Degree granting disciplines (first-level), 59 Masters’ Degree granting disciplines (first-level), four professional doctorate degree categories and 33 professional master degree categories. In the fourth China University Subject Rankings (CUSR), 14 disciplines in SYSU ranked Grade A. SYSU has an outstanding international academic influence with 20 subject areas entering ESI top 1%, ranking the second with another domestic high education institution in terms of the number of chosen subject areas.
In SYSU, there is one national high-end think tank, four state key labs, one state engineering research center, one state engineering technology research center, one national engineering laboratory, two state-regional joint engineering research centers, seven state-regional joint engineering labs, one state-level international joint research center, one state-level international science and technology cooperation base, one state applied mathematics center, one state clinical trials research center, one BSL-3 laboratory, one province-ministry co-construction innovation center and six humanities and social sciences key research bases. At present, the University is accelerating construction of Tianqin Research Center for Gravitational Physics, South China Sea Research Institute (Southern Marine Science and Engineering Guangdong Laboratory), comprehensive marine research vessel, National Supercomputer Center in Guangzhou, Center for Precision Medicine, neutron spectrometer and other major platforms and major scientific and technological infrastructure clusters so as to improve the strength of the University.
SYSU is propelled forward by the continuous pursuit of academic innovation. Being equipped with a globally aware outlook, it has dedicated itself to being an institution that is “comprehensive, innovative, and open”. The University adheres to the socialist orientation of higher education, focusing on the fundamental task of nurturing virtue and talents. The goal of talent cultivation is to nurture students who have both ability and moral integrity, able to cultivate charisma and eager to serve their country. The basic guiding philosophy is to be oriented toward academic frontiers, oriented toward national major strategic needs, and oriented toward national and regional economic and social development. The coordinated development of five campuses in the three cities of Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen will jointly support the development of the entire University. The University is pushing forward the transformation from external development to internal development, the transformation from routine development to active development, and the transformation from a university with discrete advantages in arts, sciences and medical sciences to a university where arts, sciences, medical sciences and engineering can integrate and develop while retaining their distinctive characteristics.
Now, standing at a new starting point, SYSU strives to enter both the national first-tier of universities and the ranks of world-class elite universities, building a first-class socialist university with Chinese characteristics. The University needs to recruit a group of high-level talents who are dedicated to the cause of education, have good professional ethics, be rigorous in study, set an example for students, and possess an international perspective. The University provides the talents with a large number of development opportunities, a strong scientific research platform, high-quality working environment, and competitive salaries. We sincerely invite all talents at home and abroad to join us.
II. Job Openings and Description
1. Talents of the Hundred-Talent Program
(1) Leading Talents: Have engaged in significantly innovative research work with strategic development prospects and key common technologies; and have achieved remarkable results that are significantly innovative and have significant impacts. Under the age of 50.
(2) Young and Middle-aged Eminent Talents: Have particularly excellent scientific research and technological innovation potentials; the research field has significant innovation prospect; has made professional achievements recognized at home and abroad; has published papers in top international academic journals as the first author or corresponding author; or achieved recognized scientific research results. Under the age of 43 in areas of humanities and social sciences; and under the age of 40 in areas of science and engineering.
(3) Core Young Academic Talents: Be good at innovative thinking; has competitively strong innovative ability and great development potentials; and has made high-level and innovative professional achievements. Under the age of 38 in areas of humanities and social sciences; and under the age of 35 in areas of science and engineering.
(4) Assistant Professors: Should have an education background as an undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate student in a well-known domestic or international university, scientific research institute, or higher education institute with the discipline as the preponderant discipline in the field and has obtained a PhD degree; has obtained comparatively good research results; and has great development potentials. Obtained a PhD degree within three year, and under the age of 35.
2. Professional Researchers
(1) Distinguished Researchers: Have significant academic potentials and has achieved outstanding research results by publishing no less than three outstanding academic works in principle; for those who have made particularly significant achievements, the number of their works could be less than that stated above appropriately; has worked as a postdoctor, lecturer or assistant professor in a well-known domestic or international higher education institute or research institute; and has worked as a Principal Investigator (PI) in at least one research project at the provincial and ministerial level or above (except for overseas applicants). Under the age of 38.
(2) Distinguished Research Associates: Have comparatively great academic potentials and achieved comparatively great research results by publishing no less than two outstanding academic works in principle; for those who have made particularly significant achievements, the number of their works could be reduced to one; be an outstanding doctoral student or postdoctor from a well-known domestic or international higher education institute or research institute. Under the age of 38.
(3) Postdoctors: Under the age of 35; have obtained a PhD degree within three year; and be an outstanding doctor with comparatively high academic level and strong research abilities at home and abroad.
III. Salary and Benefit
1. Salary and Benefit: The University provides generous salary, research start-up fee, talent allowance, and settlement allowance. Talents working in Zhuhai and Shenzhen campuses can enjoy subsidies of the local campuses.
2. Housing Support: Talents can apply for the university’s public rental housing. There are 1,200 new apartments in the Guangzhou campus; more than 1,000 new apartments and 1,500 new shared property houses in the Zhuhai campus; and 3,600 new talent indemnificatory apartments in the Shenzhen campus.
3. Quality Healthcare: There are 10 SYSU affiliated hospitals that provide high-level healthcare service.
4. Children Education: SYSU has constructed affiliated primary and secondary schools and kindergartens in Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen campuses to provide high-quality elementary education for the children of faculty members.
5. Employee Wellbeing: Provides “sports time”; free use of sports facilities on campus; and annual health checkup. The Zhuhai campus provides meal subsidies.
Contact Person: Chen Zun, Wu Siran
Tel: +86-20-84111656 +86-20-84111781