The position is initially limited to a duration of 5 years, full tenure can be granted upon positive evaluation. The post will be located at the Center for Experimental Medicine, Medical Faculty of the University of Hamburg.
Full Professor (W3) for Replacement, Reduction and Refinement (3R) in Animal Welfare
What we can offer
The Medical Faculty of the University of Hamburg is looking for an internationally recognized individuum who represents and refines the area of Refinement, Reduction, Replacement (3R) in experimental animal science in research and teaching. The professorship is intended to strengthen the importance of animal welfare in research at the Medical Faculty and to further expand the success and international visibility of research at our Faculty. An expertise in developing and advancing alternative methods for animal testing, e.g. in vitro models such as organoids, is desirable.
- Conception and further development of methods that replace animal experiments. It is desirable if the expertise of the applicant aligns one or more areas in which animal models are still pursued at the Medical Faculty of the University of Hamburg, such as immunology, neuroscience, oncology and cardiovascular research
- Expansion of interdisciplinary cooperation within the research priorities and scientific networks located at the Medical Faculty and other Faculties of the University of Hamburg
- Teaching of 3R-relevant topics in courses and seminars offered at the Medical Faculty and the University of Hamburg
9 academic hours per semester, according to § 10 LVVO. A reduction of the teaching obligation is governed by §§ 15 ff. LVVO.
Conditions of Employment
- § 15 Hamburg Higher Education Act of 3 July 2014, as amended
- Habilitation or equivalent academic achievements
- Degree in veterinary medicine, human medicine or PhD in relevant areas
- Willingness to interdisciplinary cooperations
- Internationally recognized research on alternative methods in animal testing
- Excellent third party funding record
Your contact person
Prof. Dr. Petra Arck, Dean of Research, Phone: +49 40 7410-52533, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), one of the main medical care provider of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, is a hub for outstanding expertise in patient care as well as life science research. Cross-departmental research centers have been established for five defined research areas: C3i – Center for Inflammation, Infection and Immunity; HCNS – Hamburg Center of NeuroScience; CVRC – Cardiovascular Research Center; UCCH – University Cancer Center Hamburg; CHCR – Center for Health Care Research.
We look forward to receiving your application including a curriculum vitae in a tabular form, a structured list of
publications, a research concept, a teaching concept and a gender equality concept and a list of third-party
funds until 31st January 2020 by e-mail to: email@example.com (as a pdf file) and once in the original (paper form) to the Dean of the Medical Faculty of the University of Hamburg, Faculty Service, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg. Please quote reference number FK03-250/3.
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org