The Faculty of Biology at the University of Innsbruck seeks an outstanding scientist in the field of Environmental Microbiology. An unlimited contract based on the §98 University Law 2002 will be offered.
The successful applicant is expected
- to represent the discipline of Environmental Microbiology with focus on terrestrial ecosystems in research and teaching both in basic and applied topics
- Teaching within the study programs of the Faculty of Biology
- Supervising research theses
- Acquiring extra-mural funding
- Participating in academic self-governance
An active participation in the University’s Research Area ‘Mountain Regions’ and/or one of the University’s Research Centers (e.g. CERB, Center for Environmental Research and Biotechnology) is expected.
Eligibility requirements include:
a) pertinent degree in higher education or equivalent abroad
b) pertinent habilitation or equivalent qualification
c) pertinent publications in international peer-reviewed journals
d) integration in the international scientific community and mobility experience
e) experience in acquiring extra-mural funding
f) Pronounced teaching skills and experience with holding courses independently
g) strong leadership and management skills
The University of Innsbruck intends to increase the num¬ber of female employees, particularly in top-level positions, and therefore specifically encourages female scientists to apply. Among equally qualified applicants, women will receive preferential con¬sider¬a¬tion.
Applications should include:
- motivation letter
- curriculum vitae describing the professional and scientific career, including information on the current position
- ORCID and ResearcherID
- a complete list of publications, lectures (including invited plenary lectures at international conferences) and other scientific output
- PDF files of the five most important publications
- list of personally acquired funds,
- description of completed and current research (max. 2 pages)
- concept of intended research and teaching (max. 3 pages)
All documents must be submitted in digital form (by e-mail, one file in pdf-format) to the Faculty Service Office of the University of Innsbruck, Technikerstraße 17, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org). The new deadline is:
January 3, 2020
The basic salary for this position is laid down in the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Professors are in the remuneration group A1. The gross monthly salary is 5.130,20 Euro (14 times per year). Depending on qualification and experience, a higher salary can be negotiated with the Rector. The university also offers attractive additional benefits (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
The University of Innsbruck expects the successful candidate to acquire sufficient knowledge of German within three years to be able to teach and participate in academic self-governance committees.
The full, legally binding text in German (published in the official bulletin of the University of Innsbruck of December 4, 2019) as well as additional information on the current status of the application process can be downloaded at http://www.uibk.ac.at/fakultaeten-servicestelle/standorte/technikerstrasse/berufung/index.html
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Heribert Insam, Chair of the search committee (Department of Microbiology, Technikerstr. 25d, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria); phone: + 43 512 507–51300; email@example.com
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Tilmann Märk
R e c t o r