The McGuire Cancer Center Flow Cytometry Core Facility located in the Hunter Holmes McGuire Medical Center has an opening for a Flow Cytometry Core Specialist. We are looking for a team player with significant expertise in Flow Cytometry and the ability to operate both analytical and sorting instrumentation for faculty and scientists using the Flow Cytometry Core Facility. The incumbent must support the maintenance and quality control of flow cytometers, operating/troubleshooting flow cytometers, analyzing flow cytometry data, and providing oversight for core clients carrying out flow cytometry experiments.
- Must independently operate analytical and cell sorter flow cytometers while working with a wide range of clients and experiments.
- Ability to operate and maintain Canto II analytical flow cytometer. Operation of cell sorters, experience on the BD Aria fusion is preferred.
- Successful candidate must have practical and theoretical knowledge of flow cytometers and fluorescence properties to assist clients in designing and troubleshooting flow cytometry experiments.
- Ability to effectively train and communicate with clients on the use of flow cytometry analyzers.
- Ability to perform daily and monthly QC on core instrumentation. Interpret and report deviations of QC. Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of core instrumentation.
- Assist Lab personnel in delivering Flow Cytometry Training Classes, Workshops, new technologies, and new applications for flow cytometry.
- Experience with FCSExpress, IDEAS, FlowJo, and other flow cytometry data analysis packages.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Physics, Biochemistry, Immunology or appropriate related Life Science
Experience: Minimum 4 years Flow Cytometry data acquisition/analysis experience preferred. Minimum 2 years Cell sorting experience desirable. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for the required experience.
Send CV’s to: Bandish Kapadia: Bandish.Kapadia@vcuhealth.org