TTP Labtech is looking for an experienced Field Applications Scientist, specialising in CryoEM, to help deliver and support new sample preparation technologies that will enable emerging methods of determining biomolecular structures. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting-edge sample preparation technology and aid in its introduction to the market.
You will be part of the global Field Applications Scientist team which serves as the key interface between the Sales team, Marketing and end-users and will help shape the development and delivery of a range of new products as a key member of the structural biology team. The role will require significant travel across North America, and occasional travel to the UK headquarters.
We are a global supplier of innovative products for advancing life sciences and accelerating drug development, combining the best science with first-rate engineering. We design and manufacture a wide range of low volume liquid handling equipment and sample management systems addressing high growth markets in genomics, structural biology and drug discovery.
You will be:
- Supporting the development and roll-out of early systems and the progression to full commercial products;
- Engaging with early customers to provide applications advice;
- Supporting the sales team with product demonstrations;
- Understanding product requirements through collaboration with customers;
- Liaising between customers and development teams to identify and enable product improvements;
- Managing placements with customer development partners, including training, analysis and interpretation of customer data and providing feedback on the customer experience;
- Advising on the possible direction of further development as a product expert;
- Preparing and presenting written material for marketing, such as posters and applications notes.
You should have:
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of CryoEM sample preparation and structure determination;
- Significant CryoEM and structural biology domain knowledge and a keen awareness of current trends in the field;
- A good grounding in commercial and business principles. Specific experience in this area would be a distinct advantage.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in Structural Biology. A PhD qualification in a relevant field is strongly preferred, although equivalent experience will be considered;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (up to 75%)
- Creative thinking and logical problem solving;
- Ability to analyse complex technical data/equipment;
- First class verbal and written communication skills, fully proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills, great team-working skills.
We offer highly attractive compensation package and comprehensive benefits, which includes 401K, private healthcare, commission. We will provide full training for the successful candidate which will take place in the US and at our headquarters in Cambridge, UK.