Faculty Positions in the Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
Deadline: 12 June 2020
Location: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Salary: No less than RMB 400,000 per year
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
The Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences (IFFS) in University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) located in the city of Chengdu has an ambitious plan for extending their research capabilities. There are several openings for faculty positions at both early career (namely Assistant and Associate Professor) and senior (Professor) stages. Based on the interdisciplinary nature of the IFFS the positions are available in the following fields:
- Quantum information theory
- Quantum technologies
- Integrated photonics
- Theoretical physics
- Condensed matter physics
- Nano-materials and nano-devices.
Qualifications and Requirements
The candidates are expected to possess a PhD degree granted by prestigious overseas universities and a strong track record in scientific publications. The successful candidates should work full time in the IFFS and live in China.
The application procedure has two stages:
· First stage (deadline 30 June 2020): The applicants should provide the following documents: (i) personal Curriculum Vitae with the list of publications and academic achievements; and (ii) a copy of their PhD degree certificate; Documents should be sent to: email@example.com. Please specify one of the above fields that you are interested to apply for in the subject of your email as well.
· Second stage: The short-listed candidates are asked to submit their research proposal and they will be interviewed by our recruiting committee. For the sake of fairness, the proposals go through a peer review procedure.
The UESTC offers competitive salary, a good start up grant and provide free accommodation for one year. We also help the candidates to apply for external funding and subsidize the salary of hired postdocs so that the candidates can save their grant to establish their research team. The offering package includes:
· Annual salary: No less than RMB 400,000 (before tax)
· Accommodation: Free apartment for up to 1 year
· Start-up grant: Research funding from RMB 1,000,000-5,000,000
About University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) is a national key university directly under the Ministry of Education of China. UESTC was included as one of the first universities into “Project 211” in 1997, and then the nation’s “Project 985” in 2001. In 2017, UESTC was included in Category A of the “World-class University” project. After more than sixty years of development, UESTC now has evolved into a key multidisciplinary university covering all-around programs in electronic disciplines with electronic science and technology as its nucleus, engineering as its major field and a harmonious integration of science, engineering, management, liberal arts and medical science.
About the Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences
The Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences of the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China was established in 2014 as the “Special Academic Zone” of the university to boost basic research and foster innovation. Researchers with extensive international experience conduct cutting-edge research in its nurturing environment.
To make joint efforts to build first-rate university with first-rate disciplines, IFFS has established an international and interdisciplinary research team and platform by adopting an internationally compatible research organization and management mode.