The Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology (MGM) at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine (http://mgm.unm.edu/index.html) is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor with expertise in basic and/or translational research to contribute to the scientific areas of interest within the department:
Areas of interest that synergize with current MGM research include:
· Basic mechanisms of immune responses
· Immunometabolism and its intersections with autophagy and inflammation
· Vaccine development and other immunotherapeutic approaches
• Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Strong record of scientific accomplishments aligned with scientific interests of the department.
• Potential for achieving R01 funding.
• Publications and training record.
• Potential for research and educational interactions with members of the Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology.
• Synergy with other research programs and departments within University of New Mexico in including the Autophagy, Inflammation and Metabolism (AIM) Center for Infectious Disease and Immunity
The successful candidate will benefit from the exceptional opportunities for synergy and interaction with the NIH funded Autophagy, Inflammation, and Metabolism (AIM) Center for Biomedical Research Excellence (https://www.autophagy.center/) and UNM HSC Signature Programs (https://hsc.unm.edu/research/research-centers/signature-research-programs/index.html).
Appointment will be in the Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful applicant will develop a research program and participate in departmental activities including medical and graduate school teaching and mentoring.
For best consideration, apply by May 1, 2020.
The position will remain open until filled.
UNM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator
For complete details of this position or to apply, please visit this website:
Please reference posting Number: req11874
For additional information, you may contact Sally Ann Garcia, Search Coordinator,
(505) 272-9374, SanGarcia@salud.unm.edu
UNM’s confidentiality policy (“Disclosure of Information about Candidates for Employment,” UNM Board of Regents’ Policy Manual 6.7), which includes information about public disclosure of documents submitted by applicants, is located at https://policy.unm.edu/regents-policies/section-6/6-7.html