Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI) is jointly established in 2015 by Tsinghua University and University of California, Berkeley under the support of the Shenzhen Municipal Government. Its mission is to pursue interdisciplinary research, international education and industrial partnership, and it is committed to cultivating collaboration between academia, industry and government.
TBSI plans to recruit 60-70 faculty members (Tsinghua tenure-track assistant/associate professors or tenure associate/full professors) to work on a full-time basis in Shenzhen. They will work together with Tsinghua and Berkeley professors (TBSI part-time PIs).
Three Interdisciplinary Research Centers
Center 1: Environmental Science and New Energy Technology Research
Center 2: Data Science and Information Technology Research
Center 3: Precision Medicine and Healthcare Research
Top Talents Wanted in Following Research Areas
Environmental Science & Energy, Materials Science, Industrial Engineering & Operation Research, Financial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biomedicine, Biomedical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Development
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in three centers of TBSI
RMB 400,000–1,200,000 (pre-tax)
Research Start-up Package
RMB 1,000,000 – 10, 000,000 (depends on entry level and research areas)
Government Talents’ Plan Allowance
TBSI offers assistance to faculties and researchers applying for Shenzhen Government-sponsored talent plans and other Shenzhen high-level talent plans that offer allowances of up to RMB 3,000,000.
Student and Postdoctoral Recruitment
TBSI will finance 1-2 Ph.D. students and provide competitive salary package for 1-2 post-doctoral researchers for each faculty member every year.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate or equivalent degree.
- Research experience across various fields and institutions is strongly preferred.
- Members of the Thousand Youth Talents Plan or the Thousand Talents Plan are especially favorably regarded.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong communication, teaching and leadership skills in English as well as the ability to actively contribute to the rapidly growing research efforts at TBSI.
- A strong commitment to teaching and supervising postgraduate students is essential. Teaching responsibilities will include participating and developing graduate courses, and strong engagement with TBSI’s core curriculum. Supervision of PhD and MSc students and academic advising of trainees of all levels are also expected.
To apply, please send application documents (CV, application form and representative publications) to email@example.com. Application will be considered until the position is filled. All documents will be treated confidentially.