ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
Institut Pasteur of Shanghai (IPS) is an independent research institution jointly established by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Institut Pasteur and Shanghai Municipal Government in 2004. IPS is dedicated to enhancing preparedness and responsiveness to infectious diseases through conducting cutting-edge research and sustained translation of solutions. IPS is a member of the Institut Pasteur International Network (IPIN), which consists of 33 research institutes in 26 countries on 5 continents.
IPS has evolved three interdisciplinary research fields that cover pathogen biology, infection and immunity, vaccinology and immune therapy. IPS performs fundamental research on infectious diseases with unmet medical needs, emerging/reemerging viral, bacterial, fungal and parasite infections, immune regulation in metabolic disorders, tumorigenesis and degenerative diseases.
IPS is working closely with CAS and Institut Pasteur International Network to address the great challenge of public health in countries along the One Belt One Road, from highly pathogenic influenza to Zika outbreaks. Joint efforts range from pathogen discovery and solutions to disease control and prevention.
THE RESEARCH FIELDS
IPS is seeking outstanding scientists for the positions of Principal Investigator in the fields:
1. Big Data/Bioinformatics, Molecular Epidemiology
2. Biocomputing and computing engineering
3. Entomology: Molecular entomology/vector-borne diseases
4. Microbial drug resistance and Microecology
5. Immune cell biology and Mucosal immunology
6. Immunology of infection and tumorigenesis
7. Structural biology: CryoEM, single particle
8. Virology: Molecular virology/pathogenesis/histopathology
9. Single-cell analysis/omics
10. Innovation in therapeutic antibody discovery, vaccine design and development
11. Bio-products process development
1. Established Investigator（Category A）
Has been appointed as a professor or associate professor, who has already demonstrated the scientific leadership and lab management ability
2. Young Promising Scientist（Category B）
Has successful postdoctoral research experience, who can demonstrate future potential for innovative studies supported by unique technology
All nationalities will be considered
1. To lead a lab for carrying out innovative research
2. To obtain sufficient competitive grants
3. To actively engage international academic collaboration
4. To teach and supervise graduate students
1. Very competitive starting package as well as salary and housing subsidiary
2. Best core facilities, lab running-cost subsidies and outstanding international PhD students and postdoctoral fellows
3. Additional tailored relocation and family settlement programs
DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
Please submit your application materials including curriculum vitae with ID photo, brief summary of previous accomplishment and future research plans, three reference letters or information of referees to Mrs. Chen LIANG, Secretary of Talents Searching Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This call is valid until the positions are filled.