The Graduate School/School/Faculty of Dental Medicine at Hokkaido University seeks a young scientist who is enthusiastic about promoting research by cooperating with existing groups, leading new global research with existing groups, and cooperating with faculty and staff to give guidance about education and research within the division and to its research faculty.
The tenured position of this open recruitment is assistant professor.
1. Research Field
Physiology, Oral Physiology (including Electrophysiology, Behavioral physiology, Neuroscience, Brain science, Molecular biology)
1) Central mechanism of feeding and drinking behavior
2) Central mechanism of nausea and emesis
3) Development of a new method for controlling nausea and emesis
4) Central mechanism of the interaction between feeding behavior and memory for taste sensation
5) Analysis of functions of ion channels and receptors using electrophysiological technique (e.g. a patch-clamp recording from neurons in brain slices,)
6）Role for oral functions in homeostatic mechanism
-Doctoral degree conferred within the last 10 years, or an equivalent research career (including equivalent degrees such as a PhD from an overseas university)
-Under 40 years old by the deadline of this open call
-Fluent in English and able to give lectures and research guidance in English
3. Employment Conditions
(1) Employed as a fixed-term Tenure-Track Assistant Professor from Fiscal Year 2020 until March 31, 2025.
(2)A mid-term performance evaluation will be held in FY2022. The final tenure review (for tenured assistant professor) will be held by the end of the contract period.
(3)Salary: Based on the rules and regulations of Hokkaido University (from 500,000 yen to 540,000 yen per month).
Discretionary labor system for professional work
-The working hours for a day is deemed as 7 hours and 45 minutes.
-The research fund for the initial two years will be subsidized by the Tenure-Track System Promotion Program—two million yen in total for two years