UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Assistant Professor, Position #’s 00014870 & 00015142
The Department of Biomedical Sciences (https://med.und.edu/biomedical-sciences/index.html) at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences (http://www.med.und.edu ) invites applications for two full-time, tenure-track faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level. Areas of interest include molecular and cellular aspects of inflammation of skin, lung and gut mucosa. Individuals working on host-microbe interactions related to neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will join a group of faculty performing multi-disciplinary research in immunology, microbiology, neuropharmacology, and epigenetics of health and disease. Preference will be given to candidates whose research has the potential of becoming a full research project for Phase II of the NIH Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (CoBRE) in host-pathogen Interaction, currently in Phase I focusing on viral, bacterial and parasitic disease conditions. The Department boasts state-of-the art core facilities and research resources developed and supported by three CoBRE grants worth approximately $ 50 million over a period of 20 years. The University of North Dakota is located in Grand Forks, a family-friendly community with excellent public schools and many cultural, recreational and sporting activities. Further information on UND and local area can be found at http://www.grandforksgov.com.
Applicants must have a Ph.D, or MD/Ph.D. degree, postdoctoral experience and documented research productivity in the relevant area of research. Department faculty are expected to maintain a vigorous, extramurally funded research program and contribute to the teaching and service mission of the Department and the School.
Any questions regarding the positions can be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Dr. David Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Compensation and Appointment:
Position: Assistant Professor
Remuneration / Salary: $85,000+/year + benefits; commensurate with qualifications
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
This position is a twelve (12) month, tenure track, special appointment with University of North Dakota (UND) School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), Department of Biomedical Sciences.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Develop an independent, extramurally funded research program complementing the current strengths in the Department including host-pathogen interactions, inflammation and immunity.
- Establish interdisciplinary collaborations with other faculty members in the Department, the SMHS, and UND.
- Actively seek grant funding from external agencies for individual and collaborative projects.
- Maintain a productive extramurally funded research program commensurate with rank.
- Participate/teach medical students in a nationally recognized patient-centered learning medical school curriculum.
- Teach and advise graduate students in the Department’s integrated biomedical sciences graduate program that offers M.S., Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. degrees.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of curriculum for the M.S., Ph.D., and M.D. programs.
- Actively participate in the service missions of the Department, the SMHS, UND, and their profession.
- Contribute to written progress reports and other documents as needed by the Department.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Ph.D., M.D./Ph.D.
- Minimum 2 years post-doctoral experience.
- Minimum of 2 first or senior author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience with extramural funding
- Expertise that compliments current strengths in the Department in the areas of host-pathogen interactions, inflammation and immunity.
- Strong publication record as evidenced by your CV.
Review of applications will begin on 09/20/2019. Position is open until filled.
Applicants MUST submit 1) curriculum vitae, 2) a statement of research accomplishments and goals (2-page maximum), 3) statement of teaching experience, and 4) the contact information for three references.
To apply visit https://campus.und.edu/human-resources/careers/job-openings-external.html?category=2000+Academic&subcategory=2110+Assistant+Professor. Search for Job ID 6161 and click on the green button to apply.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference:
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.
Confidentiality of Application Materials:
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top finalist.