Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental scientific research at the highest level, with high-end analytical platforms used by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research has published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer reviewed journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities and research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
As an Expert in Dietary Modelling & Nutrient Profiling, you will plan, execute and analyse dietary intake studies. You will be asked to provide strategic guidance in the field of nutrient profiling and build knowledge & develop expertise in nutritional epidemiology and the statistical modelling of dietary intake data.
- Evolve and apply profiling science for translation into the nutritional quality criteria of foods and meals. Perform diet modelling, define and assess diet quality and health indices for Nestlé’s nutrition profiling initiatives. Help the nutritional evolution of the Nestlé portfolio and contribute to external scientific recognition.
- Build scientific rationale to evolve product category-specific nutritional quality and test assumptions in statistical models.
- Develop nutrition epidemiology knowledge on dietary intakes of various populations, nutritional landscaping methods to collect dietary data, perform data analysis and interpret results to understand population nutritional intakes and gaps, and evaluate dietary patterns.
- Apply dietary intake data to identify innovative opportunities for new scientific research projects.
- Develop or contribute into Nestlé Standards, Guidelines, Policies, Procedures, nutrition consensus/position paper, expert opinion reviews, scientific methods and tools.
- Translate science & ensure knowledge transfer from nutrition research and analysis for contribution to new discoveries
- Interact with key stakeholders from across the organization and help to build our research pipeline
- PhD in Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology or related field
- At least 10 years (post-degree) experience
- Proven experience in modelling and nutrient profiling
- Strong experience managing large and complex initiatives independently, including budget and resources. International experience would be an asset
- Experience in people management/coaching of small size team would be an asset
- Experience in managing multiple different stakeholders
- Experience in development of research pipelines
- Fluent in English, other languages are not imperative but considered helpful.
The potential candidate should demonstrate eleadership skills and the ability to communicate new ideas and initiatives. Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills will set you apart from other candidates. If your profile corresponds to the description and you wish to make a difference, please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs with full CV, Cover letter and Publication list.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets, throughout their lives, delivered via more than 2000 brands from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso, to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.