Context of interventionThe Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is offering a full-time engineer position in the domain of environmental policies and engineering. With a team of more than 170 scientists and engineers from life science, environmental science, and IT science, LIST’s Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) department has the necessary interdisciplinary knowledge and skills to tackle major environmental challenges our society is facing today: climate change mitigation, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, efficient use of renewable resources, and environmental pollution prevention and control.
The selected candidate will join its Environmental Policies group (EPS), a research group of the Sustainability Assessment and Circularity (SUSTAIN) research unit of ERIN. The EPS group aims to contribute to a better control of environmental risks and the development towards a tox free, circular society via science based support to the definition, implementation and evaluation of environmental policies at national and EU level. It targets in particular (but is not restricted to) policies around chemicals, waste, industrial installations (Commodo) and environmental management.
The candidate will contribute to the various support activities of the group for national and European authorities as well as companies in the selected policy fields, e.g. via its "Betriber & Emwelt" platform ("Companies & Environment" platform that informs companies via website, events, newsletters, etc.).
(S)he will particularly focus on environmental policies around (de)construction and/or waste to contribute to the further development of the group’s activities:
- Support Luxembourgish authorities in the development and implementation of policies in the fields mentioned above
- Network with national actors and explore options for cooperation; understand and formalise users/clients needs, formalise their requirements, define possible solutions
- Communicate and organise events in the framework of the dedicated Betriber&Emwelt platform
- Assure the link to other policy areas the EPS group and LIST are working on (e.g. circular economy, chemicals, etc.)
- Define and submit RDI and/or policy implementation project proposals to national and EU funding instruments (e.g. H2020)
- Manage projects or project work packages; contribute with her/his expertise to the group’s ongoing projects when required; ensure projects follow-up and documentation
- Support the consideration of regulatory aspects in LIST’s RDI projects, interacting and collaborating with our different research units
- A Master degree in natural/environmental science or engineering
- Several years of proven experience in industry, an RTO environment and/or scientific consulting in the field of environmental legislation or its technical implementation, ideally including (de)construction and/or waste
- Experience in other environmental policy/legislation fields is considered an asset, as well as experience in other fields that backs up her/his future tasks/role (e.g. environmental management, innovation, communication/awareness raising, project definition and management, proposal writing, etc.)
- The position requires interdisciplinary thinking, well-developed communication skills (oral and written) and team spirit to successfully integrate into the multicultural, multilingual and multidisciplinary work environment at LIST and effectively communicate with LIST’s partners
- The candidate should be highly motivated, pro-active and open for new challenges
- Knowledge of Luxembourg and an established network in the Luxembourgish industry or construction sector are considered a strong asset
- Fluency in English and either French or German is mandatory
- Knowledge of a third language, e.g. Luxembourgish is considered an asset
Candidates interested in the above position can apply online on our website www.list.lu
The application file should include:
- A CV
- A motivation letter
- The names of two or three referees