Area of research:
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national centre for geosphere research. As a member of the Helmholtz Association we are part of the largest German scientific organization. With around 1,400 employees we develop a sound understanding of the systems and processes of the solid Earth as well as strategies and options for action to face global change and its regional impacts, to understand natural hazards and reduce associated risks, and to assess the influence of humans on the Earth’s system.
As a partner in Geo.X, the GFZ has access to an excellent network of other geoscience institutions in Potsdam and Berlin. This largest regional concentration of geoscientific competence in Europe offers first-class cooperation and development opportunities.
For our International and Project Office we are looking for a:
Reference Number 6716
In the international orientation of the GFZ, the European research area is of outstanding importance. Our strategic goal is to take advantage of the opportunities offered by European research programs to initiate new projects and to place ourselves in international consortia.
You will advise our scientists on all aspects of EU research funding and thus contribute to increasing the acquisition of European funds and successfully integrating the GFZ in European consortia.
- Informing, motivating, advising and coaching of scientists during the whole time of EU projects – including budget calculation and contract preparation
- Continuous monitoring of suitable EU funding procedures and their target-group-specific preparation
- Support for scientists throughout the entire duration of EU projects
- Proof-reading and editing of grant applications
- Representation of the GFZ in EU-relevant committees; contact person to Brussels
- Development, implementation and realization of training and information events on EU research funding
- Master’s degree or equivalent in geosciences or natural sciences
- PhD desirable
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (native speaker or level C1/C2)
- Profound experience in the acquisition of EU funding and coaching of respective applicants
- Extensive knowledge of European funding programmes
- Experience in submitting applications for scientific projects and coordinating complex consortia
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Readiness to work both within our service-oriented team and independently
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and to cooperate with people from different fields
Start date: As soon as possible
Fixed-term: 2 years
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 13 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Professional career advice offered by our in-house Career-Centre
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Have we piqued your interest?
If so, we look forward to receiving your application by 31st January 2023. Please use our online application form only.
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.
In case of any further queries relating to the field of activity, please contact either via email at email@example.com oder per Telefon +49 (0) 331-288-1070. If you have any general questions about the application process, please contact our recruiting team at our phone number +49 (0) 331-6264-28787.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.