ERA Chair holder in Materials Research in Extreme Environments
We are looking for an ambitious researcher who is interested in participating in shaping the research strategies of Institute of Technology in University of Tartu by taking the lead as ERA Chair holder!
The ERA Chair will be institutionalised as an independent research laboratory in University of Tartu, Institute of Technology, engaging ERA Chair holder and his/her team members. The formation of the ERA Chair of Materials in Extreme Environments (MATTER) will combine three challenging fields of computer simulations, nano-manipulation, and biomedical engineering, towards application in two directions – biomedical applications and nanomaterials in extreme environments.
MATTER focuses on nanoscale material behaviour in complex environments and upscaling of control of nanomaterials for interdisciplinary and widespread use. MATTER enables breakthrough research in areas such as biomedical applications (nano-medicine, drug delivery, regenerative medicine), renewable energy sources, high electric field applications, high power microwave and radar equipment, materials research, ICT and electronics applications, MEMS & NEMS etc.
More information from official advertisements:
- Euraxess and UT official web page
- Project web page: https://matter.tuit.ut.ee/
- Or from email@example.com
ERA Chair MATTER has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 856705.
Most significant tasks as ERA Chair holder
- unlocking and promotion of synergy both in terms of advancing basic science and technology, and delivering research results that cross the boundaries of established research directions, thereby creating a new frontier;
- developing PhD study curricula;
- formulation and daily management of ERA Chair research team;
- formulation of ERA Chair research strategy, participation of smart specialization strategy planning and execution of the Institute of Technology;
- planning, initiation, and preparation of research projects and proposals, including national, European and international level;
- interdisciplinary technology transfers between different research areas in ERA Chair and from ERA Chair to industry;
- supervision of PhD students;
- internationally recognised research;
- analyzing technology transfer opportunities, establishing industrial contacts and conducting technology transfer from Institute of Technology to industry.
PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or in a similar field or an equivalent qualification, excellent english.
The ERA Chair holder will be an excellent researcher with a proven record of effective leadership complemented with an outstanding track record of scientific publications. Additional capacities include an international reputation based on research excellence, track record in obtaining research funding/budgets/resources, leading research units and skills at managing and supervising other researchers and students.
Starting at: 01.07.2020, temporary contract to 31.12.2024
Salary: Internationally competitive and motivating salary based on previous experience. Relocation and family allowance is available.